A place for No-Coast punks, metalheads, hackers, phreakers, anti-authoritarians, free-thinkers, queers, misfits and other miscreants to congregate. Based in the Arkham of the Midwest: Irvington. Keep the east side weird.
How Do I Sign Up?
This server is a closed server. Membership is limited to weirdos and denizens of the east side of Naptown and their fellow travelers. Don't feel left out however. You can join literally any open server on the Fediverse and talk to anyone on any other server including this one. To find a server that fits you, check out the Mastodon instances search page.
Code of Conduct
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of nodutiesowed.com; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies:
The following types of content will be removed from the PUBLIC timeline of this server (note, you can still manually follow whoever you wish):
- Excessive advertising
- Uncurated news bots posting from third-party news sources
- Most other bots posting from a third-party source will be approached with the rebuttable presumption that their content should be removed.
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Racism or advocating racism
- Sexism or advocating sexism
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocating thereof
- Xenophobic and/or violent nationalism
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service:
- Sexual depictions of children
- Content illegal in the United States
- Conduct promoting the ideology of any form of ethnonationalism
Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed, and subject to punishment up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed.
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called doxing or dropping dox) may be considered harassment.
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist (informally called brigading or dogpiling) may be considered harassment.
These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.
"Cross-posting" is the automatic copying of posts from one platform to another. That definition does not include the simultaneous posting to multiple platforms from the same app, such as Twidere or PostyBirb. If you use those apps, we consider those posts original, and the following need not apply.
Cross-posting from Mastodon to other platforms is fully permitted. Cross-posting into Mastodon from another platform is permitted under the following terms:
- The posts do not include platform-specific references, e.g. talking about "here" meaning Twitter, or including text from other non-Mastodon users verbatim (e.g. cross-posted quote tweets)
- The account is regularly monitored by the author, so that interactions from Mastodon users are not ignored
- The account being cross-posted is owned by the same person. Third-party copying of content is not permitted.
This server is self-funded. If the charges get out of control in the future, we may have to have a funding campaign but for now, enjoy.
Nodutiesowed.com currently does not block any servers. I expect that this will change in the future as I become more familiar with the Fediverse.